@Connect is available to both current students and alumni, offering an email that can be retained for a lifetime. It is based on Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud solution and also offers an array of other useful tools including calendaring and document authoring as well as social networking functions.
Since mid-March 2014, all new students have had @Connect as their official University email account, which takes the form of <account name>@connect.ust.hk. Messages sent to the old email address will be redirected until students complete their course. ITSC has also been working with the Development and Alumni Office to extend @Connect to alumni, who can refer to Alum-e-Nation for more information. If you are a new student or have switched to @Connect, you can access email and Office 365 through http://O365.ust.hk or Student Intranet. See Getting Started with Outlook Web App if you are new to Office 365.
Benefits of @Connect
With @Connect, students can take advantage of greater email storage, expanded services, and continued use of their account after graduation. @Connect also provides access to many web-based applications. Benefits include:
100 GB storage for email, shared calendars and continued use of your @connect.ust.hk email address even after you have completed your studies at HKUST. However, storage size will be reduced to 50 GB when students completed their study in HKUST.
Office Web Apps
Capability to create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files via a web browser (even after completed studies at HKUST).
OneDrive for Business
5 TB personal storage that can be accessed anywhere. Easy to share files internally and externally and control over who sees and edits them (even after completed studies at HKUST).
- Office applications (Office 365 apps)
Students can install Office 365 apps on up to five desktop PCs or Macs and on 5 mobile devices (license will be revoked upon graduation). Click How to install Microsoft Office for more information.
- Change Display Name
- Set up Full Name Email Alias (Postgraduate Student)
[Please use Microsoft Edge, Chrome or Firefox if you have problem setting the alias]
Support Email applications:
In addition to the Outlook Web App, the following email applications are recommended:
- Microsoft Outlook for PC or Microsoft Outlook for Mac (Get from your Office 365 account)
- Microsoft Outlook for iPhone / iPad in the Apple Store
- Microsoft Outlook for Android in the Play Store
For enquiries about @Connect, email the ITSC Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Problem sign in to Office apps
- Access your email (@connect or @alumni) after Modern Authentication is enforced
- How to SetUp My Mobile and Desktop Client to Access Email and Calendar?
- Office 365 FAQ
- How to avoid mails delivered to Junk E-Mail folder?
- Office 365 Learning Center
- Using Outlook Web App (@Connect users) with 2FA
- Computer Barn Helpdesk