If you are living in the Senior Staff Quarters, you can enjoy wired internet connection at home through our Staff Quarters Internet Connection services. Provision of this service is bound by the Terms and Conditions for Internet Connection for Senior Staff Quarters. Registration is not required.
To connect to the service you will need:
- A computer with an ethernet network interface and operating system (e.g. Windows 10, macOS).
- A Cat6 or Cat5e UTP network cable.
Then, simply connect your ethernet network port to the network wall socket with the UTP network cable, and the internet connection should be ready for use.
Home Wireless Router
Recommended home wireless routers and reference price for purchase by residences:
- ASUS RT-AX58U ( ~ HKD $1,000 )
- NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX50 ( ~ HKD $1,000 )
- NETGEAR Orbi Mesh RBK752 [ 1 router + 1 satellite ] ( ~ HKD $3,000 )
- NETGEAR Orbi Mesh RBK753 [ 1 router + 2 satellite ] ( ~ HKD $4,000 )
- [Nearest] Nan Fung Plaza
8 Pui Shing Road, Hang Hau, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories ( Exit B1, Hang Hau MTR Station )
- Golden Computer Arcade
146-152 Fuk Wa Street, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon ( Exit D2, Sham Shui Po MTR Station )
Additional Cable Installation for Home Wireless Router in Living Room
ITSC could coordinate quarter residences with cabling contractors for extending the wired connection from study room to living room in quarter with a cost:
- Cost for cable extending from study room to living room ( ~ HKD $2,000 )
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for coordination.
If you experience any networking problems, send a computer problem report to email@example.com. For problems related to the computer itself, contact the vendor/supplier.
Experienced student helpers may be able to provide on-site assistance with computer problems by special arrangement. Please note such visits may be charged at the current hourly rate for student helpers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.