Hosting a Zoom meeting
Zoom is a web-based conferencing tool with Windows and Mac desktop client, as well as mobile app that enable users to meet online. It is a commonly accepted platform in multi-discipline, including Education and Commercial.
Zoom users can choose to record sessions, collaborate on projects, and share screens, all in one single and easy to use platform.
Host a Meeting
- Go to https://hkust.zoom.us.
- Click the "Host" button to Start a meeting. The system will be redirected to HKUST Authentication Service (via CAS) portal. Sign-in with your HKUST account and password.
- The system will prompt downloading a Zoom Client if this is the first time Zoom is run on this computer. Confirm the download. When prompted, confirm starting the Zoom client software.
- Once you have started the Zoom client software, it will ask to choose your audio option. To keep it simple for the time being, select Join With Computer Audio. Zoom will use your computer microphone capture your voice and at the same time use your computer speaker to play the remote parties voice.
- You have now started your Zoom meeting. Your meeting ID is displayed on the title bar of your Zoom Meeting window. You shall need to inform other meeting members about this meeting ID so that they can join the meeting as describe above in Join a Meeting section.
For more details on how to Host a Zoom Meeting, please read Zoom tutoral at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362423-How-do-I-Start-or-Join-a-Scheduled-Meeting-as-the-Host-