The "Mail to All" mailing lists, namely: ALLSTAFF, ALLPG and ALLUG, provide a convenient way for departments and offices to reach HKUST Staff and Students by email. These mailing lists are system-generated and must only be used for sending out essential messages that keep the University community up-to-date. The recipients should ideally find all the messages that they received from these mailing lists are relevant to them, and senders can be assured that their message can reach their target audience in a timely and effective manner. As recipients cannot opt-out from these lists, the messages should mainly be on important administrative announcements or academic purposes. Examples include:
- announcements about the missions, strategies, operations, or standpoints of the University
- information about study, examination, student finances or housing matters
- advices pertaining to urgent health, safety or emergency situations
- messages required by the law or about compliance to regulations
- other important messages such as University’s press releases pertaining to the interest of all University members.
Such lists should not be used for event announcement & promotions, non-University related activities (e.g. commercial and private activities) or electoral campaigns.
To send email to ALLSTAFF, ALLPG, or ALLUG mailing lists, the following is required:
- An authorized Departmental account – please ask your IDLP (Inter-departmental Liaison Person) to email to email@example.com for authorizing a Departmental account in sending the mass mails.
- Application for a Role e-Cert token, for sending a signed mail.
If a Departmental account has the required authorization but not yet applied for a Role e-Cert token, you can use the following form:
Online Form to send mail to ALLSTAFF / ALLPG / ALLUG
Use text editing tools, such as Notepad, to prepare your message, then Copy and Paste the message (limited to Microsoft Edge) on to the Online Form. To include other references (e.g. PDF, MS-Word document) in your message, you can upload the required file into any of your departmental web servers and incorporate the hyperlink into the message.
Please observe the usage guidelines when using the mailing lists service:
- General Usage Guidelines for using Mailing Lists
- Guidelines for Using ALLSTAFF, ALLUG-LIST and ALLPG-LIST Mailing Lists
- Email lists FAQ - Bounce issue in sending to all staff and all students mailing lists
Note: Sending mail to ALLSTAFF, ALLPG and ALLUG mailing lists is strictly restricted to certain groups of HKUST staff. If you are staff member and would like to send mail to these lists, ask your Department Head or IDLP (Inter-departmental Liaison Person) to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.