Microsoft’s Office 365 is a cloud solution. It offers an array of useful tools such as OneDrive for Business for document storage and Office Tools (like Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for PC, Mac and mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phone / tablet, Windows tablet).
Unlike the HKUST @Connect account for students, your Office 365 account will be terminated when you are departure from the University.
Features of Office 365
OneDrive for Business
With 5 TB of personal document storage, you can store all your personal files online and access them anywhere from your PC/Mac, tablet, iPad, or phone.
- Office Online
Capability to create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files via a web browser.
- Microsoft 365
Users can install Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.
- Visit this address: http://portal.office.com
- Type your HKUST email address and then press Next
- Enter your password to sign in
- When prompted for 2FA authentication, please click Send me a Push
- Launch the Duo Mobile app with your smartphone (you have 1 minute to APPROVE the secure login request using your smartphone, before the connection will be timeout)
- Tap to respond the request
- Tap APPROVE to access Office 365
- After successfully sign in with your email address, you will see the Office 365 home page.
- Select OneDrive from the app launcher and you can Drag and drop files to OneDrive for Business.