Microsoft 365 Apps
Microsoft’s 365 Apps allows current staff/students with an Office 365 account to install the latest version of Microsoft Apps on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.The Microsoft Office applications that will be available include:
Users who want to install the software/app for more than 5 times can deactivate their unused installation.
- To install Office for Windows, you will need Windows 10 (see system requirement for Office).
- Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS.
You may refer knowledge base article on How to Install Office or the following set up guides from Microsoft:
- Microsoft 365 Apps is the recommended way for you to obtain the latest version of the Office application. Microsoft will release latest office updates to Microsoft 365 Apps.
- When a student completed his /her study at HKUST or graduated or a staff left the university, he/she will lose his/her license shortly. When the license expires, you will have read-only access to your Microsoft Office files, but new documents cannot be created.
- Users must at least connect to the Internet once every 30 days for the Microsoft to verify that he/she is still eligible for the program.
- To install individual Microsoft Office applications on mobile, you can go to the App Store for iOS or the Play Store for Android and search for Microsoft Office.