Launch SMS campaign
Launch SMS campaign
- Ensure your SMS campaign complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance
- Browse to https://sms.ust.hk/.
- Login to the SMS gateway with the registered account.
- Enter/Upload the phone list.
Phone list remark is optional.
Click the "Upload" button to upload the phone list.
- Enter the phone list ID by clicking "select the phone list"
Enter the SMS message.
Choose Sender ID option and, optionally, add a campaign remark for easy identification.
Read the declaration and check the box.
Launch the SMS campaign now by "LAUNCH NOW" button or at a scheduled time by "SCHEDULE" button
- Confirm the campaign
View existing campaign
- After confirming the campaign, you may click "View existing Campaign"(on the right side) to view its status.
- You will see the status as "WAIT FOR SENDING".
- After the SMS campaign is done, the status will be "FINISH".
- Before sending large amount of SMS messages, it's strongly recommended to send a test message to verify the content and format.
- The service is backed by a prepaid account. If there is plan to send more than 5000 sms a time, please check with us to ensure that sufficient account balance is available.
- Content sent to China number requires pre-registration with Chinese telecom authorities to ensure delivery. It usually takes one business day to process. Contact us for details.
- SMS will normally be sent out within minutes but large batch of sms may take over an hour to completely deliver.
- The maximum length of a message is 160 characters, or 70 characters if Chinese characters included. Newline is counted as 2 characters.
- Embedded url link should be separated from preceding and trailing content with space or line break. This helps mobile phone to parse it properly.
- Message content is limited to the following characters:
- Alphabet a-z, A-Z
- Digit 0-9
. , – / : ; ‘ “ & @ ( ) _
- Chinese characters
- Chinese symbols
。 ， ‧ ？ ！ ： ； 、 〈 〉 《 》 【 】 ﹝ ﹞ ‘ ’ “ ” 『 』 「 」