How to create a Subsite with unique permissions in SharePoint?
Create a Subsite with unique permissions:
- Log into Office 365 and select your SharePoint site.
- Click on the Settings gear > Site contents.
- On the Site Contents page, click New > Subsite.
- On the next screen, fill out these fields, and then click Create at the bottom of the page.
- Title and Description
- Website Address
- Template e.g. Team Site (classic experience)
- Permissions e.g. Use unique permissions
- Add members to the site groups:
- Users added to the Visitors group, will only able to log in and read what is on the subsite
- Users added to the Members groups, will be able to contribute information (edit) and add documents to the site
- Users added to the Owners group, will be able to add and delete pages and components within the site
- You can always add more users and/or edit their access to the site later.