By subscribing to Virtualization as a Service (VaaS), users agree to comply with the following terms:
Users are fully responsible for the content and action of the virtual server. ITSC assumes no liability for costs or damages associated with the system.
It is users’ responsibility to:
- Pay for all charges related to the service.
- Inform ITSC when the registered server administrator changes.
- Ensure the virtual server is used for University-related activities only.
- Ensure all software and content on the server are properly licensed and legal.
- Properly manage the server, for example, monitor the system, configure the firewall and apply security updates in a timely manner.
- Update the server’s virtualization management agent when ITSC carries out a major upgrade. This should be no more than a couple of times a year.
Users have to ensure the virtual server will meet the Minimum Security Standard for Servers, including but not limited to:
- Regular patching
- OS Hardening
- Malware Protection on Windows server
- Remote Logging
Fair Usage of Network Bandwidth
VaaS is intended for typical server application such as web servers or application servers. User should discuss with us before deploying application with extreme high network bandwidth. ITSC reserves the right to remove servers from the service that affect other users or systems.
Handling Security Incidents
In case the virtual server is suspected of being compromised or performing inappropriate actions like spamming or attacking other hosts, ITSC will try to contact the registered administrators of the server to resolve the issue. If we can’t get in with the administrator in a reasonable time, the server may be temporarily disconnected from the network to avoid further damage.