Departmental Accounts are set up for specific office functions. Inter-departmental Liaison Person or authorized accounts can apply to have such an account established.
Applications will normally be processed within two working days of being received.
- The chosen account name must not conflict with any existing account name or special words reserved by ITSC. ITSC reserves the right to make the final decision on the account name allocated.
- Please specify why the account is needed. If the account is for temporary use, give the expiry date as well.
- Once your account has been created, you will not be allowed to change the account name. Please choose carefully before submitting your application. The account name should be between 3-12 characters, without special characters.
- When your account is ready, an email with account activation link will be sent to you.
- All users are expected to observe acceptable standards of behavior in using their network accounts. Please read the Acceptable Use Policy, Access to User Accounts Policy and Protect My Account carefully before activating your account.
- For security reasons, you are required to proceed account activation by changing the ITSC network initial password before using any network services.
Departmental Accounts will be terminated when the account reaches its expiry date. An email notification will be sent to the account owner two weeks before the expiry date. When a member of staff leaves the University, they will receive email notification about the termination of their Departmental Accounts. Users are urged to back up files they would like to retain or transfer them to other valid user accounts before deletion.