HKUST Web Hosting Service Guidelines
The following explains the conditions that apply if you use the iHost service or HKUST Drupal Platform.
- HKUST is a nonprofit educational institution and the use of its facilities, including computer and network facilities, is limited to the educational and other non-commercial purposes of its faculty and eligible staff.
- Accordingly, computing and networking resources and the ability to create a web page, either linked to official HKUST home pages or posted using HKUST computer facilities, are privileges extended to members of the HKUST community, within the available resources of HKUST, and must be exercised in conformity with all applicable HKUST policies and guidelines and all applicable laws.
- You are not allowed to include in a web page any advertising materials or other materials relating to business or commercial activities of your own or any third person. No pornographic or indecent materials can be included, either in a direct or indirect way. The content of any web page and its compliance with applicable policies and laws are the sole responsibility of the author.
- All users are expected to observe acceptable standards of behavior in using HKUST computing and networking services. Please read the Acceptable Use Policy carefully before creating your web page.
- HKUST does not routinely monitor or edit the content of web pages. However, in the event that HKUST becomes aware of a violation of policy or law that involves a web page, HKUST reserves the right to remove the web page, restrict access to the page or take other action deemed appropriate.
- If you have any doubt as to the applicability of the policies and guidelines referred to here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any action.
- If you don’t want your web activities to be restricted by these policies and guidelines, you are advised to contact commercial internet service providers.