Zoom is a web-based conferencing tool with Windows and Mac desktop client, as well as mobile app that enable users to meet online. It is a commonly accepted platform in multi-discipline, including Education and Commercial.
Zoom users can choose to record sessions, collaborate on projects, and share screens, all in one single and easy to use platform.
Schedule a Meeting
- Go to https://hkust.zoom.us.
- Click the "Sign-In" button to Configure your account. The system will be redirected to HKUST Authentication Service (via CAS) portal. Sign-in with your HKUST account and password. Your Zoom PERSONAL Profile page will be displayed.
- On the left column bar, look for and click on the Meetings button under the PERSONAL menu, This will bring up the Meeting screen, showing related Upcoming Meetings and Previous Meetings etc.
Look for and click on the Schedule a New Meeting button. The system will show Schedule a Meeting screen. You can modify the prompt fields as needed with your meetings details. You may want to start with the following fields of interest:
- Topic - Change the topic to show what is meeting is about
- Description - Give more details about this meeting.
- When - The date and time of this meeting plans to start
- Duration - The planned duration of the meeting.
- Time Zone - You may want to keep the time zone in Hong Kong (GMT+8:00).
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Save button. Your meeting has been scheduled. The system will show Mange "My Meeting" screen.
- To invite others to join your scheduled meeting, look for the Invite Attendees entry in the Manage "My Meeting" screen. There should be a link on its right saying Copy Invitation. Click on this link to display the Copy Meeting Invitation pop-up windows. You should see the Join Zoom Meeting inivtation link, as well as the Meeding ID and Passcode. Click the button Copy Meeting Invitation. The Meeting invitation is now copied on your Windows or Mac clipboard. You can paste it in your invitation email and send it to your participants.
For more details on how to schedule a Zoom Meeting, please read Zoom tutoral at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-How-Do-I-Schedule-Meetings-.